Sunday, November 16, 2008

We had a splendid time










Saturday we had the Stake Youth Missionary Training Academy. It was fantastic! I enjoyed myself all day. I went to the classes prepared for the youth, upkeep of self while on a mission, Spirituality, Preparing now for your mission, Blessing given and received from a mission. I spoke in the opening exercises and recounted the Hattie and Larkin Bounds story and how our membership got started in the church for our family in 1926. Later we had workshops and then I had to cut out to get 30 pizza's for dinner. I took Clyde's hatchback Tribute, thank goodness. They brought them out 4 at a time, I'd open, they'd place them in, I'd close the hatchback. By the time they were all in and ready to go, the Tribute was ALL FOGGED UP! I couldn't see a thing. Should I roll the window down and let the cool air chill them, or make it back across the street the best I could? I chose both. While gone Lauren and Cori taught them a new line dance. After the pizza's were wolfed , we went in for a Fireside. Luke and Bro. Lawson put on two man play to the tune of "Saturday's Warriors". Lauren and Rocky spoke and then the music selection that I was in charge of, was sang very sweetly by Elder Tunes "The Promise" by Afterglow. I then had to leave to go to Margerite Wenk's suprise 70th birthday party. There was a big crowd . We then went back to the dance for another hour. All in all, it was a fabulous day. Tis is Cori Platt, one of my crazy best friends.

No comments: