Sunday, February 14, 2010

I know, It's been awhile
















So many things have happened in the last few months. I think my last blog was in November. We had a great Christmas in Utah as usual. The grandkids are all growing up. So far this new year has been the coldest one I can remember. My feet are constantly cold and I have started wearing thermals under my scrubsat work. The lab is always cold, I think they are trying to save money by making us dress in layers. Our hands are in water,wet pumice or plaster during the day which leads me to use my bunson burner as a little campfire.

Billie and Dean came over from Oxford, MS for the weekend. We always enjoy their visits. Billie brought genealogy she had found on the Bounds side at Old Miss. They are wintering there and will head back to Quebec in the middle of March. Clyde and I plan to visit them that last weekend.We attended the Mardi Gras Parade and caught LOTS of beads and cups. The Highland parade was this afternoon and some of their floats threw HOT DOGS! Crazy, Zany people. They love to party. The crowd was as entertaining as the floats.
It snowed last week! We all enjoyed it and most enjoyed a day off from work. It wasn't bad traveling, the roads were fine. It lasted long enough for the kids to make snowmen and have a rare snowball fight.
I taught the lesson in RS today. I always get more out of the lesson than I give I think. I over research to make sure I don't go blank, and then give a list of all the articles and Ensign's I've read. in hopes they will get some of what I got out of the experiance. Iknow, I know, they aren't gonna take the time, but, someone might.

Our Stake Primary is making a banner to be worked on by the kids at our Stake Primary Activity. I'm sure they didn't realize how much work was involved so that the kids could finish it as their project of the day. I have a stack of ribbons and material that needs to be sewn. But, I will pace myself. I hope they like it.

No comments: