Friday, October 17, 2008

Off to Arkansas

We have never really explored Arkansas. We have no relatives there and Dallas has always been our entertainment mecca. So, we want something new. Arkansas has some beautiful byways and scenic mountians I hear. looks like in the morning we will head up to Mena, to see Queen Willamina mountian, then to Daisy State Park where they have clear lakes where you can see the stone bottoms. (we are scoping this out for future campsites) I don't like Louisiana lakes, they have mushy gooey bottoms that you can't see because of the yucky dark water and who knows what kind of creepy crawlers are down there. Here, if I need, I go to the gym to swim. From there, we plan to continue to Hot Springs. They have SPA'S. So, to two people that are much in need of a get-a-way, this sounds great. The leaves will be pretty , too.

Dad has changed me over to the new computer, and all my genealogy and pictures are on the old. (Slows it dawn too much) He says we can switch back and forth with the internet. If I get some hot shots this weekend, I'll have to make him prove it.

No comments: