Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Lap-band has begun

Well, it's begun. I had lap-band surgery last Friday. I still feel rather lost, hoping I have done the right thing. This will be a life long commitment, one that was necessary, but, still scary.
So far I have had jello, water, chicken broth, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free fudgesicles and did I mention WATER. It is all timed and you can just sip. I don't want to get too much and puke. So far, I haven't been hungry or maybe I am just always filling my little pouch. I have not missed food so far. Amazing to me because my whole life revolved around my next meal. I know it will be hard on Clyde, my not cooking, but he says he wants to lose 40 lbs. And if he gets real hungry, he'll just hit fast food somewhere before he get's home. Hope he hides the evidence well.
I feel fine, I'm trying not to get into the habit of taking the pain pills. I can tell when it's "calf rope" time , though. It feels like I've been kicked in the stomach (on the left side) by a very mad bull. Getting up out of a sitting position is a strain, but I'm sure it will get better with time.
I feel guilty for leaving my co-workers with my share of the work to do. We already have a few out with surgeries, but this was do or die to me. I didn't want to put it off anymore. I'm hoping for a happier, more energetic, healthier me. I'll keep you up dated.

No comments: