Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Using my time-off wisely

I feel better than ever. I ave more energy. I don't understand why, I not eating anything. Perhaps it's the protein drink I have twice a day. The side panel says it helps with all kinds of maladies.
I feel good enough to go back to work. I have really enjoyed being off , and having time to think, sew and take care of some business I otherwise would'nt have time for. Just this morning the garage door man came and installed a much needed door. Ours was having issues and wasn't very trustworthy. I am on the list (hopefully) for Friday with the storm door man. We are putting a new full panel glass door up. The old one is black, dated and worn out. Clyde thinks we are preparing the house to sell and move out to the country. I know better, it will never happen, meanwhile, we get new and needed stuff for the house.
We read about the almost perfect house out on the Keithville-Keatchie road. We liked the discription so well, we drove out to have a look. Yep, I liked it a lot and so did Clyde. 2 acres, a pond, covered patio and deck, big trees, not too far out, all the new stuff but it was a little small, it's just the 2 of us, but we do like to intertain. It's fun to dream. But I don't really see us going anywhere. We don't have time between his mother's care, church, and overload work, to prepare anything.
I made a great chicken soup the other day. Barb came over and we sewed and quilted most the day. We had a great time. My squares are coming along. I started them years ago, before I knew anything about quilting. So, they are a mixture of pleasing and not so pleasing. Oh well, It keeps me from thinking obout food.

No comments: